[Commons-l] [Wikitech-l] Audio file sizes

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:29:04 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Using loss less audio is particularly relevant for the recordings of
pronunciations. For ordinary use having them compressed in a lossy way
is not a problem. The point is that with the Shtooka software that
became available, we are in a position to easily create large amounts of
sound files. These are of relevance to scientists and they have a need
for loss less files. Given that the only identified reason to have loss
less soundfiles ARE the pronunciations, the current upload size would
suffice. They are in effect single words at most a sentence.

Thanks,
    GerardM