[Commons-l] GalleryDetails update

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:08:54 UTC 2007

I have updated the GalleryDetails script (try it at [1], if you don't
have it already:-):
* It now switches Special:Newimages into "details mode" automatically
* Every image details box now has links to add {{nsd}} or {{nld}}, and
to notify the uploader

The latter is remarkable insofar as each link, once clicked, is
replaced with a tiny frame (iframe) in which the page is loaded, the
edit performed, and saved. No typing, no leaving the page, no new tabs
opening.

For those technically inclined: I have encapsulated that functionality
in MediaWiki:InstantAppendLink.js, so that it can be used by other
scripts in the future, avoiding code duplication.

Cheers,
Magnus

[1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Newimages&withJS=MediaWiki:GalleryDetails.js