[Commons-l] CC-3.0 and Jimmy's comment on CC-3.0.

Joichi Ito jito at neoteny.com
Mon Jul 23 00:41:52 UTC 2007

On Jul 23, 2007, at 9:10 JST, Brianna Laugher wrote:

> On 21/07/07, Joichi Ito <jito at neoteny.com> wrote:
>> One more thing to remember is that the current wording is the wording
>> on the generic license. We really hope that most people won't use the
>> generic license, but will use their local licenses.
>
> I didn't realise that. Why is that? There doesn't seem to be anything
> on the CC website that pushes people to choose a 'local' version of
> the licenses.

We haven't done that on our site yet, but we have been doing it
verbally and should do it more on the website. As Jimmy says, they
are "compatible" and people should really choose the local license
that makes sense for them. The generic license, in a way, is just a
reference for the jurisdictions to make their local versions.

- Joi