[Commons-l] New tool: GalleryDetails

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 22 14:31:13 UTC 2007

I am working on a new JavaScript tool to ease patrolling of images. It
can rearrange galleries (or gallery structures, including categories
and some Special: pages) to show one thumbnail per row, and data
(text, size, categories) of the images next to it. Try

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Newimages?withJS=MediaWiki:GalleryDetails.js

and click on "GalleryDetails" in the sidebar toolbox. Note that it
might take a few seconds to get all the information (via API), during
which nothing appears to happen.

Please have a look, tell me if you like it, and make suggestions. I
was thinking of adding "no source"/"no license" links next.

Cheers,
Magnus