[Commons-l] A new free image source - piqs.de

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:47:57 UTC 2007

Dear Wikimedians,

I am happy to announce that in collaboration with the piqs.de
developers, I have added support for piqs.de to Flickr upload bot
<http://tools.wikimedia.de/~bryan/flickr/upload>.

Piqs.de is the first pure Creative Commons image database in Germany
(http://piqs.de/). All works are licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution License. And they are now easily transferable to Wikimedia
Commons.

Below every picture you find a slide called "Foto-Infos". If you click
on this slide, you get all the information about the author and the
license. Just copy the link you find in the "Foto-Infos" to the Flickr
Upload Bot and upload it to the Commons (the upload process might take
some minutes).

Currently it is still in beta. I hope to add more features to this
(and also the Flickr part), such as multilinguality, cropping &
rotation.
In case you are a regular user of this service, you can request to be
exempted from the upload limit by leaving me a note on my talk, [[User
talk:Bryan]].

Well, happy copying everybody!

Bryan