[Commons-l] Use Flickr? (was: My Photo Was Reused (God or Bad News?))

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:23:13 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting idea. I'm sure a bot could be written to do the daily upload.

No. Unfortunately Flickr depends on user input to verify the identity
of a user: A Flickr bot gets an authentication url of the server,
sends the user to that page, and gets a login token received. Of
course one could capture the raw html to get the authentication code,
but it may be a good idea to have a login system that also works
unsupervised.

Secondly, about the licensing problem. I suggest that the best thing
to do is leaving the license "All rights reserved" and putting in the
image description "This image is licensed under the terms of the
<LICENSE>".

Bryan