[Commons-l] My Photo Was Reused (God or Bad News?)

Jastrow jastrow at pip-pip.org
Sat Jul 7 18:31:55 UTC 2007

Btw, I noticed recently that two of my PD-self pictures representing the
statue known as the Leaning Satyr were reused in _Praxiteles_ by Jackie
Pigeaud, a book published at the same time as the big exhibition held at
the Louvre about this sculptor.

What puzzles me is that credits (name of photograph and agency) are
given at the end of the book for all pictures save two series, one of
which concerns the Leaning Satyr. The credit line just mentions "droits
réservés", i.e "some rights reserved", without any name. I'm pretty sure
those are my pictures, though. I don't care not being mentioned, but I'm
rather surprised by the "some rights reserved" line. Should I write to
inquire about it?

--
Marie-Lan / User:Jastrow