[Commons-l] My Photo Was Reused (God or Bad News?)

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:05:21 UTC 2007

On 7/6/07, Eugene Zelenko <eugene.zelenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to shamelessly announce :-) that my photo is used on
>
> http://www.schmap.com/sanfrancisco/sights_richmond/#mapview=Map&tab=Places&p=21888&topleft=37.85263,-122.53326&bottomright=37.71099,-122.43679&i=21888.jpg
> .
> But this image was taken from flickr, not Commons.
>
> Indeed, I advertised Commons in "thank you" letter, but this is
> information for critical analysis...
>
> We still have problems with Commons visibility :-(. Google still can't
> find images on Commons. GeoCommons is not included by default in
> Google Earth. And so on and so on... :-(

I concur. Some months ago, I was requested permission to reuse one of my
pictures of Nicolas Sarkozy (current French President). The lady who asked
me found the picture on my flickr gallery and wanted to use it on the cover
of a newsletter her company edited. I asked her to cite Wikimedia Commons as
source, but we really need to increase our visibility.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]