[Commons-l] Junk pages (was "Killing the main namespace?")

Cary Bass bastique at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 29 17:18:16 UTC 2007

Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> said at 2007/01/29 Mon AM 01:58:38 EST:

> From: "Gregory Maxwell" <gmaxwell at gmail.com>
> Date: 2007/01/29 Mon AM 01:58:38 EST
> To: "Wikimedia Commons Discussion List" <commons-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: [Commons-l] Killing the main namespace?
>
> I see a lot of misplaced pages, spam, and utter insanity appear in the
> main namespace on commons.  There is also a lot of confusion about how
> the main namespace should be used.

 There are a substantial number of other namespace junk pages as well, talk pages, unused help pages, etc.  These also need to be addressed.  Not as many, mind you, but they are still neglected.

If you want a quick url to get to the new pages, <http://tinyurl.com/nrf7v> is what we have listed on the Commons IRC channel.

Also, non-admins *can* participate.  Simply put {{speedydelete|not in Project scope}} on a page and it will be taken up in the next run of speedies.

Cary Bass
User:Bastique