[Commons-l] Flickr group for Commons

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:21:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just started a group on Flickr called "Wikimedia Commons". I
encourage anyone who has a Flickr account to join it.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikimedia_commons/

It can be used as a way to increase our presence on Flickr and explain
the utility of CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses to Flickr users, on their
own turf where they are much more likely to be receptive to helping us
out. Flickr users who are unexperienced with wikis/Commons can post
photos to the group where I am sure one of us will gladly transfer
them, if they are useful. Flickr users can have the satisfaction of
seeing their work in prime  web real estate, especially if they
photograph famous people for example. :) People who photograph plants
can also post photos there to get them IDed before transfer to
Commons.

I think some people also post comments on photos when they transfer
them to Commons. It might be useful in such a comment to also post a
link to this group now, to encourage them to learn more about how they
can contribute to Wikimedia, the world's largest and most accessible
of open content.

So anyway, all members and discussion now welcome :)

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise