[Commons-l] UI design on image pages

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 17:09:00 UTC 2007

David Monniaux wrote:
> People have been told to request permission from the web site before
> reusing content. Even though our page say that you can reuse content
> under the terms of <link to GFDL or CC or whatever>, people assume they
> must email those who run the site, that is, the Foundation.

I get emails like that too. I just reply with, "sure, you have
permission", and try to reinforce a bit with "just like the license on
the image page says", although I'm sure they stop reading my message
once they see the "you have permission" part. :-)

We do tell people not to rely on WP as their sole source, so it
shouldn't be too surprising if responsible persons want confirmation
about the information on an image page. It's not like it's protected
from vandalism...

Stan