[Commons-l] Commons-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 10

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Wed Aug 29 10:44:51 UTC 2007

>>> deal?

Please note that adminship is not only about deleting images and blocking
people. It's also about technical maintenance.

I have been pretty inactive with respect to writing content, or deleting stuff,
etc, for a while now. I am focusing on providing external tools for the
community, using the toolserver. In order to make such tools work, I have to
sometimes edit a bit of javascript, or change the categorization of a license
template, or adjust a system message. This means I have barely any logged admin
activity in the last months, and low overall activity. But I still believe
having admin privileges for me and other "technical" admins is justified, as
long as it is not abused. Having to find an admin for this kind of stuff, and
making sure he gets all the details right, would be a real pain for all.

I realize that I'm not up to speed with deletion policy - so before deleting
anything non-obvious, I would have to read up on the policy (or leave it to
someone else). Admins should be trusted to be responsible enough to know when
they shouldn't use their powers (otherwise, they shouldn't be admins).

I see no point in expiring adminship.

-- Duesentrieb