[Commons-l] batch upload problems of museum photos (got permission)

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:22:34 UTC 2007

I think I will be trying pywikipedia.  It's not just this batch of ~35, but
100+ more that I also have from Hiroshima, maybe some more from Taiwan, and
additional batches that I may have in the future. Overnight, I let Commonist
run.  It seems to have transferred everything, but failed on the last step
-- creating galleries or something.

-Aude

> On 8/26/07, Aude <audevivere at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried Commonist.  It crashed halfway through with half the files
> > supposedly transferred, when my internet connection dropped
> briefly.  None
>
> Feh. Improving that tool (or providing something like it) should be on
> our priority list.
>
> > As for pywikipedia,I don't mind programming a little bit, but don't
> imagine
> > it's a good use of my time when other tools exist.   I don't need a
> custom
> > tool, but a standard one that everyone can use, including newbies would
> be
> > best.
>
> I didn't think you would, which is why I mentioned it to you.  There
> is script in pywikipedia  called upload.py.  It will take a file an a
> description on its commandline and upload it. When I mass upload I
> usually write a little script to wrap it. Hardest part is getting
> pywikipedia configured against commons. :(
>
> Not a general solution perhaps, but for you it would do what you want
> most likely.

Aude