[Commons-l] Cross project perception of Commons?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:46:36 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the end of the day if people want to hold a grudge against us we
> can't stop them. But we can
> * be understanding about why people feel the way they do
> * admit when we've acted in error
> * act to correct mistakes brought to our attention
> * try to enact processes that stop the same mistakes happening again
> * ?

* Defend ourselves when their allegations are without basis.

Sometimes people are angry at commons because of well handled and
correct deletions. They'll lash out with harsh language above vague
problems, and if no one is around to fill in the back-story there is a
risk that people will be mislead. We shouldn't allow that to happen.
In my experience the people making passionate attacks almost always
fall into this bucket.

People with legitimate criticisms usually join in to help rather than
complaining and are dispassionate in their remarks.

Not that mistakes don't happen, but we should be clear about what is a
mistake and what isn't...