[Commons-l] And not for the embarrassing part...

Ayelie ayelie.at.large at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:20:47 UTC 2007

On 8/19/07, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 8/19/07, Siebrand Mazeland <s.mazeland at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to
> > allocate 72 bytes) in /home/magnus/public_html/mynoinfo.php on line 21
> >
> > On: http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/mynoinfo.php?user=SieBot
> >
> > Does SieBot get a cookie now? :)
>
> Sorry, I got it working even for SieBot ;-)
>
> Magnus

Ow... my total : 1077 out of 1582 (68.1%) ???

But then I also just upload edited versions of existing images, I don't edit
the page content... enough of an excuse? o^_^o
Admittedly I've added the template to some USS-x images that I cropped
captions off of, but after the 200th image that gets a little tedious to do
by hand when you're looking at 800 more to go.

I've always thought of {{information}} as little more than a handy tool to
keep info organised and to allow quick and easy finding of info. I add it to
my original uploads just because I like the clean look and the ease of
access to the information; is it going to be more than that in the future? I
can see it being something bots go to when looking for info, etc., and it
certainly makes sense that we would want it on most images. But is this
something we should push more and ensure is added to EVERY image, regardless
of how much information is present?

'grats on the new tool, Magnus, I really don't know how you get the time to
work on all this stuff! :D

--
Ayelie
  ~Editor at Large