[Commons-l] en.wiktionary discussing disabling local uploads

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Fri Aug 17 21:24:02 UTC 2007

There is a discussion that is just starting on the English Wiktionary
about the possibility of disabling local uploads.

I don't have figures, but there are not many images used on the project
and I doubt there are many uploaded anyway. Of the images that are used,
I'd be suprised if more than a handful at most were fair use and thus
unsuitable for commons.

Most of the media is audio files, and again I don't have figures but if
even 1% are not suitable for Commons I would be suprised.

The discussion is at
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Beer_parlour#Disable_file_uploading_here.3F

Chris

--