[Commons-l] Pearson Scott Foresman illustrations

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:25:53 UTC 2007

On 16/08/07, Cary Bass <cbass at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_Scott_Foresman>
>
> We've had a substantial number of illustrations donated to the Wikimedia Foundation under Public Domain that are presently being uploaded by interns in the office.  These illustrations may be found at <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:PD-ScottForesman>.

Very cool! :) Thanks to Pearson Scott Foresman for the generous donation.

Might it not be worth having a separate template that said something
like 'This image was kindly donated by PSF' and had a link to a short
page on Commons just with some details about this? i.e. when they were
donated, how many in total, what exactly the collection consists of,
and a thankyou. I think pages like this are very useful for reference
years in the future.
Such a link could be added to existing PD template I guess.
cf. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:10%2C000_paintings_from_Directmedia

Also, if you want to help but you're not so flash on the image
editing, please help by improving the image's descriptions/keywords
and placing them in appropriate articles or galleries. Also remember
Wiktionary when thinking about places to put these images!

Cary, maybe if you can get a list of all the image names (or all the
ones so far), we can create a page with a big table to check off as
the images get cleaned up, annotated and placed into articles?

Having great pictures is almost pointless if nobody knows about them
and nobody uses them. :)

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/