[Commons-l] an idea for a commons help tool

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:39:34 UTC 2006

> > It also includes links like [[w:lupus|lupus]] as interwiki links. I'm
> > not sure where they even come from but they're not interwiki. Well OK
> > they are... they link to Wikipedia articles, but they don't produce
> > interwiki links - you need a language code for that. (eg. en)
> >
> Since I'm too lazy to make a list of all language codes used, I only
> check for length ;-)
> Now set to two-letter-codes only, should ignore "w:" now.

Hm, that's better, but I'm sorry to report that there are some three
and maybe longer lang codes eg nds.wp. But minimum length 2 shouldn't
be too bad, I think it will still pick up links like [[meta:]] but
there shouldn't be too many of them in articles anyway.

Brianna

--
"Mathematicians do it with Nobel's wife."