[Commons-l] justifying the "no NC/ND" requirement

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:55:58 UTC 2006

> > OK. Saying "Well, we might want to sell a DVD one day" sounds a bit
> > weak.
>
> Why's that? The Germans are already doing it:

I know that, but that hardly changes the core goal of WP from being to
build an online encyclopedia. EN.wp is hugely successful without doing
that. I doubt it is in most editors' minds as the point of the
exercise. They just want to improve a fish article with a drawing of
that fish (etc).  Ensuring maximum reuse rights for everyone else is
not at the top of their priority list.

Brianna

--
"Mathematicians do it with Nobel's wife."