[Commons-l] SVG upload?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Jan 22 02:20:29 UTC 2005

I just uploaded [[Image:X client server example.png]]. That's a little
network diagram done in Inkscape. So the native form is SVG, which is
highly editable and thus makes some sense as a work to distribute under the
GFDL - the SVG is the source code, the PNG is just a rendering.

But I can't upload SVG. Is there a good reason for this, or is it just that
no-one thought of it?

(SVG is just XML text - I don't know of a way to include malware.)

This goes for other image formats - GIMP, Illustrator, etc. For resources
under a license that allows editing, it would make sense to allow upload of
the source version.

- d.