[Advocacy Advisors] Meeting with Schaake

aktron at centrum.cz aktron at centrum.cz
Tue Jun 23 22:15:06 UTC 2015

Well, interesting,

Today Pavel Telička from Czech ALDE published an article supporting FoP... but no good news from EPP were heard so far.

Jan

> Od: Tanel Pern <tanel.pern at gmail.com>
> Komu: Advocacy Advisory Group for Wikimedia <advocacy_advisors at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Datum: 23.06.2015 21:13
> Předmět: Re: [Advocacy Advisors] Meeting with Schaake

Does this mean that Lila and/or WMF agree that FoP is a problem for Wikipedia (unlike, say, a number of people on en:wiki)? What's her position on this matter?Tanel
Hi guys,

Just had a meeting with Marietje Schaake and Lila Tretikov. Schaake is very please to help us, but she will check if someone else from her group like to take the lead on that. If not, she will do it herself.

What she asked for is for us to let her know (and possibly you should also let Sophie in't Veld know) when you're putting out a press release, so she can make noise about it that same day and we get media traction.

Once she has "outed" herself, we'll then direct other willing MEPs to her to coordinate the amendment tabling.

Thank you for all the great help!

Dimi