[Advocacy Advisors] InfoSoc Own-Initiative Report Vote Today

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:16:44 UTC 2015

Well, the overrepresentation of French MEPs in JURI surely wasn't helpful.
(4 French MEPs vs. 2 German, for instance). They were also very vocal from
the start, while no one else seemed to really care enough.

Some soft wording that could make us claim that we wouldn't impose anything
on anyone would be helpful. The Wikström AM is seen as too much off the
centre. The ECR compromise proposal might be better. Just saying that the
UK Conservatives proposed it might be helpful.Longer compromises are good,
because they let you make everyone feel like they contributed. Maybe going
for the CAM proposed by the UK Conservatives would work. On the other hand
a short text makes people less afraid you're trying to sneak something past
them.

Dimi