[Advocacy Advisors] Europeana Fashion Conference - Sharing Fashion Online

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:43:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been invited to attend the Europeana Fashion Conference [1] and
participate in a workshop that will aim to:
"inspire attendees with a better understanding of intellectual property and
fashion and to support attendees with best practices in sharing fashion
images online"

I'm assuming that's a working title. There will be an IP lawyer
representing fashion businesses, people from cultural institutions and me.

I've been specifically asked to share best practices of sharing fashion
images online and to show the different licensing options.

Since fashion is not only about copyright, but also trademarks and
industrial designs (at least in the EU and Japan), I wanted to show a few
examples of what goes, what not and some issues we haven't fully solved
yet. Is anyone on this list aware of any cases/discussions/decisions on
Commons regarding fashion pictures and IP? Anything interesting will help.

Thanks!

Dimi

FYI: WMBE and WMNL have in the past co-organised a fashion edit-a-thon with
the Fashion Museum of Antwerp. [2]

[1]
http://www.europeanafashion.eu/portal/blogdetail.html?post=europeana-fashion-international-conference-digital-fashion-futures
[2]