[Advocacy Advisors] Wikipedia Zero specifically excepted from ban of zero-rating services in Chile

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 05:00:07 UTC 2014

> Yes, there are documents. Nearly the whole conference was documented in
> writing and on video. Apart from the conference it can be seen in the way
> anti-net neutrality lobbyists and politicians argue. The crack in the net
> neutrality alliances made by Wikipedia Zero are used by lobbyists of certain
> interests.
> Or did you just wanted to suggest that I'm lying, Christian?

For the IGF positions, I like to read opinions which are different
from mine and if they are written there is usually more material for
thought.
Secondly, I would like to know if the idea of "lobbyists are using
Wikipedia Zero to crack net neutrality" is a theoretical thing or it
is happening now as in "there are actual lobbyists going around
advocating Wikipedia Zero for their own purposes" (and I mean
Wikipedia Zero *specifically* not zero rating in general).
As the case of Chile is showing, I would like to know if something we
think (in this case "Wikipedia Zero can be treated as an exception
because it's free knowledge") is a theoretical possibility (even if it
is a reasonable possibility) or if it is something that is happening
on the ground.