[Advocacy Advisors] meeting with Google on 'right to be forgotten'

aktron at centrum.cz aktron at centrum.cz
Fri May 30 10:46:18 UTC 2014

Hmm, their vision "how the decision would affect Wikipedia as a concept - or web 2.0 as a concept in general" might be a good thing that can be shared.

Also, if they intend somehow (since they wouldn't like this) to counterattack :-)

Jan Loužek - Aktron
> Od: Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com>
> Komu: Advocacy Advisory Group for WMF LCA <Advocacy_Advisors at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Datum: 30.05.2014 11:10
> Předmět: [Advocacy Advisors] meeting with Google on 'right to be forgotten'

Hello everyone,

I was contacted by Google's Brussels policy office team today and they want to meet with me and talk about the recent  ruling by the Court of Justice of the European Union <http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=152065&pageIndex=0&doclang=en&mode=lst&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=276332> that allows users to request information about them be taken off by search engines.

They want to discuss their approach in this matter in more detail and answer any questions we might have.

Dooes anyone on this list have a particular question they'd like me to ask them?

Cheers,
Dimi