[Advocacy Advisors] meeting with Google on 'right to be forgotten'

L.Gelauff lgelauff at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:38:37 UTC 2014

Interesting. This consultation was also in the news in NL - mentioned as a
'committee of privacy experts from different countries that should come
with an advise on how Google should handle the right to be forgotten'.
Being considered is a win on itself, but we should be careful that they
don't tie our name to whatever outcome this committee might come with,
unless we agree with the whole outcome, i guess.

Anyway, my personal views are a bit more nuanced towards the right to be
forgotten than most people involved with this topic (I'm not sure it's
necessarily a Bad Thing in the long run - if there are sufficient
safeguards in place). I think the best way to approach this is an open
dialogue as much as possible but I'm guessing this is already pretty open
for Google :)

Lodewijk