[Advocacy Advisors] Coalitions on mass surveillance

Yana Welinder ywelinder at wikimedia.org
Fri May 9 01:27:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for your input on this. Given the positive comments about the
Necessary and Proportionate principles, as well as the fact that they are
already supported by others in the movement – including Wikimedia Mexico
and folks on this list – we will sign on to the principles tomorrow.

We will also continue exploring other opportunities to oppose mass
surveillance in order to protect free expression and privacy.

Best,
Yana

--
Yana Welinder
Legal Counsel

NOTICE: As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal
disclaimer<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>
.