[Advocacy Advisors] Fwd: do you want to be listed on the Open Policy Network website?

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 24 17:00:05 UTC 2014

Is Tim on this list? If not, someone should invite him :) [+Tim on CC]

With regards to joining: maybe in the short term it makes sense for
chapters and WMF to each evaluate joining the OPN individually, keeping
FCAKGEU as an informal group? I think the current informal structure has
served FCAKGEU pretty well: it gives us flexibility as to who joins what
actions and makes it easy to enable/empower new participants. I suspect in
the long term we'll want to create something more formal (and with a better
name) for signing onto EU-wide actions, but we probably shouldn't rush into
creating a new organization just to join a group that is itself likely
quite flexible about membership and who we know quite well.

Luis

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM, Mathias Schindler <
mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am forwarding this email for you. Please note Timothy's question
> regarding OPN membership.
>
> Mathias

Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 ext. 6810

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*