[Advocacy Advisors] "value tree" of the Internet

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 6 17:53:01 UTC 2014

http://www.kennisland.nl/filter/opinies/no-the-internet-is-not-a-value-tree-if-you-must-compare-it-to-nat

I have no idea how accurate this article is (though the author is Good
People(tm)), but I would be amused to see a version of the "value
tree" diagram that included some of the things we have been talking
about here, like:

- the role of exceptions in providing source material, not just for us
but for commercial providers like Disney and Google
- ditto for the public domain
- non-monetary incentives throughout
- role of P2P in distribution
- etc.

Anyone with artistic skills up to it? :) (Or better yet, source for a
flowchart in Xmind or Dia?)

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*