[Advocacy Advisors] submission for EU copyright proposal

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 5 07:56:36 UTC 2014

Hi, all-

Attached are:
- the final pdf I've submitted to the EU
- a .odt indicating changes between the text on-wiki and the text in the
final submission.

There weren't too many changes from what has been on-wiki for several
weeks, but Nemo reminded me that we had not responded to the accessibility
questions, and on reading it I found a few small cleanups. I apologize for
not running them by the list/wiki first, but I think they should be
non-controversial.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment/participate on-wiki;
hope this is the beginning of productive engagement for all of us on this
topic. Also thanks to our intern, Dashiell Renaud, who has been very
helpful in many phases of this project.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*