[Advocacy Advisors] non-free academic publishing licenses

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 30 15:56:02 UTC 2014

Makes sense, and done:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Village_pump/Copyright#non-free_.22open.22_licenses.3B_list.3F

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Nikolas Becker <nikolas.becker at wikipedia.de
> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Luis Villa <lvilla at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>

>> How does this process *work* at Commons? It's vaguely mysterious to me,
>> but I'd love to learn more and would be happy to partner with someone here
>> to do that.
>>

> I guess publishing a well phrased proposal with a clear argumentation on
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Village_pump/Proposals
> would be the first step ...
>
> Niko

Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 ext. 6810

*This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*