[Advocacy Advisors] Study request - OHIM

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:53:11 UTC 2014

Hello, everybody!

As reported previously [1], the OHIM (IP Observatory)[2] has picked up our
request to commission a study on the benefits of public domain and open
licenses. To get the process going we need to present a one-pager with our
main ideas. This document has been worked out together with EDRi [3] and
BEUC [4], as they will also request the same study in order to have more
leverage. We have kept this intentionally broad at some points, as the OHIM
needs to make a first step in specifying the exact form and methodology.

I am sharing this with you now and asking for feedback and comments until
the middle of next week. Please bear in mind, that this is really just a
first pitch and the form of the study will be agreed upon in the months to
come.

Thank you!
Dimi

[1]