[Advocacy Advisors] non-free academic publishing licenses

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 7 20:35:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Luis Villa <lvilla at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The letter we've been asked to join focuses primarily on the
> interoperability argument, which I think is appropriate for them; the blog
> post I'm thinking about would be more focused on intellectual freedom.

Post (and letter) are up:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/08/07/new-open-licenses-arent-so-open/

Comments welcome.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

*This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*