[Advocacy Advisors] Transparency and "right to be forgotten" notices from search engines

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:10:47 UTC 2014

Thanks very much for this, Stephen and the legal team. I especially
appreciate that the WMF has decided to make public the specific
notifications of the use of the "Right to be forgotten" in the EU.[1] It's
interesting that the bulk of the suppression requests have come from a
single (ex?) Wikimedian targeting internal process pages of his home wiki.
Not shockingly, the RtF request is now in the top 5 results on a Google
search of that persons name.

The NY Times covered the transparency report:
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/wikipedia-details-government-data-requests/?src=twr

[1]:
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Notices_received_from_search_engines