[Advocacy Advisors] FYI - Creative Commons statement on copyright reform

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:36:09 UTC 2013

So,

I will make the first pitch and suggest the following list, based on
everything I have read so far:

*Fundamental goals:*
Shorten (or prevent extension) of copyright terms
Raising treshhold for required added creativity
Standardised limitations and exceptions
Opt-in copyright system (like patent law)

*Issue-oreiented goals:*
Government Works (We need to discuss the relationship between government
works/publicly funded works and what we want to go for.)
Freedom of Panorama
Orphan Works
Open Access/Open Educational Resources (in OA we want freely licensed
content, therefore I am grouping these two together)

As we're talking about a possible policy statement calling for a copyright
reform, I am strictly excluding all issues like censorship and FoI
(important, but not copyright).

Now, disucss! :)

Dimi