[Advocacy Advisors] FYI - Creative Commons statement on copyright reform

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 23 03:03:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <
dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> This would be definitely on my wishlist for Wikimedia and I'd be happy to
> do everything I can to make it happen. This being said, should we keep the
> discussion here or would it be perhaps a good idea to put this on
> Wikimedia-l?

I would announce it here (and on wikimedia-l when we have some momentum)
but the actual drafting and discussion should be on-wiki, I would think?

Along those lines, it would be awesome if all the great feedback on this
thread late last week were migrated to
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Liberating_laws (though maybe the page
should be renamed?) so the knowledge isn't lost.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*