[Advocacy Advisors] Marco Civil da Internet (Brazil)

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:35:47 UTC 2013

Certainly Brazillians are outraged, but I wonder what this does for
the Americas' tax haven treaties. From
http://taxjustice.blogspot.com/2013/05/lee-sheppard-dont-sign-oecd-model-tax.html
this is what we're up against:

"You have to have a treaty with Switzerland.
-    Why?
-    We need it for business!
-    What business?
-    Well, tax evasion, OK advoidance. We need it for tax planning."

Best regards,
James