18th International Conference on Semantic Systems
September 12 - 15, 2022
The Research and Innovation track at SEMANTiCS 2022 EU welcomes papers
on novel scientific research and/or innovations relevant to the topics
of the conference. Submissions must be original and must not have been
submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers must follow the guidelines
given in the author instructions, including references and optional
appendices. Each submission will be reviewed by several PC members who
will judge it based on its innovativeness, technical merits, and
effectiveness at solving real problems.
Proceedings of SEMANTiCS 2022 EU will be made available open access and
planned to be published with IOS Press.
= Topics of Interest =
* Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Web Semantics & Linked (Open) Data
* Enterprise Knowledge Graphs, Graph Data Management, and Deep Semantics
* Machine Learning & Deep Learning Techniques
* Semantic Information Management & Knowledge Integration
* Terminology, Thesaurus & Ontology Management
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
* IoT and Stream Processing
* Reasoning, Rules, and Policies
* Natural Language Processing
* Data Quality Management and Assurance
* Explainable Artificial Intelligence
* Semantics in Data Science
* Semantics in Blockchain environments
* Trust, Data Privacy, and Security with Semantic Technologies
* Economics of Data, Data Services, and Data Ecosystems
* Special Sub-Topic: Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage
* Special Sub-Topic: LegalTech
* Special Sub-Topic: Distributed and Decentralized Knowledge Graphs
= Important Dates =
* Abstract Submission Deadline: May 09, 2022 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
* Paper Submission Deadline: May 16, 2022 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
* Notification of Acceptance: June 20, 2022 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
* Camera-Ready Paper: July 04, 2022 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
Submission via Easychair on https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=sem22#
= Author Guidelines and Submission =
* The Research and Innovation Track welcomes long and short papers. Long
papers should have a maximum length of 15 pages (including references)
and short papers of 6 pages (including references).
* Submissions should follow the guidelines of IOS Press. Details are
available here: https://www.iospress.com/book-article-instructions
* Abstract submission for all papers is a strict requirement.
* All papers and abstracts have to be submitted electronically via
* Submissions must be in English.
* Submissions are not anonymous.
* Accepted papers will be published in open access proceedings by IOS Press.
* At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the
conference and present the paper.
* The Research and Innovation Track will not accept papers that, at the
time of submission, are under review or have already been published in
or accepted for publication in a journal or another conference.
= Review and Evaluation Criteria =
Each submission will be reviewed by several PC members. The reviewing
process is single-blind. Papers submitted to this track will be
evaluated according to the following criteria:
* Originality, novelty, and innovativeness
* Impact of results
* Soundness of the evaluation
* Proper comparison to related work
* Clarity and quality of writing
* Reproducibility of results and resources
Check out additional submission opportunities at Semantics conference:
We are looking forward to your contribution!