We are happy to announce the general availability of the first public
release of the Sweble Wikitext parser, available from http://sweble.org
The Sweble Wikitext parser
* can parse all complex Wikitext, incl. tables and templates
* produces a real abstract syntax tree (AST); a DOM will follow soon
* is open source made available under the Apache Software License 2.0
* is written in Java utilizing only permissively licensed libraries
You can find all relevant information and code at http://sweble.org
this also includes demos, in particular the CrystalBall demo, which lets
you query a Wikipedia snapshot using XQuery.
The Sweble Wikitext parser intends to be a complete parser for Wikitext.
That said, plenty of work remains to be done.
At this stage, we are hoping for your help. You can help us by
* playing with the CrystalBall demo and pointing out to us wiki
pages that look particularly bad or faulty
* simply using the parser in your projects and telling us what
works and what doesn’t (bug reports)
* getting involved in the open source project by contributing
code, documentation, and good humor
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to use the sweble.org
facilities or send email to info(a)sweble.org.