Another weekly update from the Search Platform team at the Wikimedia
Foundation. If you have feedback or questions, please let me know.
== Discussions ==
=== Search ===
* There was a small issue with increasing the ltr.cache.max_size in
Cirrus elasticsearch clusters which has now been solved and the
servers have been restarted and we're getting consistent performance
* Wikidata full text search patches merged, look for the new search next week!
* Trey wrote blog post on supporting multi-script languages. 
=== WDQS ===
* We finally tracked down issues on wdqs1004 which has been down for
almost 2 weeks . It looks like a decommissioned server was trying
to steal its IP address. The problem has been fixed and WDQS cluster
is again at full capacity.
* Moved polling back from Kafka to RecentChanges due to MirrorMaker
issues. Will switch back after issues  are resolved.
=== Portal ===
* We are moving some things around (minor stuff) but the build /
update didn't happen this week as normal; weekly updates will resume
== Did you know? ==
* Etymologically, the "emo-" part of "emoticon" and "emoji"
related. "Emoticon" is a blend of the English words "emotion" and
"icon,"  while "emoji" is a combination of "e"
(picture/illustration) and "moji" (letter) in Japanese. 
Subscribe to receive on-wiki (or opt-in email) notifications of the
Discovery weekly update.
The archive of all past updates can be found on MediaWiki.org
Interested in getting involved? See tasks marked as "Easy" or
"Volunteer needed" in Phabricator.