This is the weekly TechCom board review in preparation of our meeting on
Wednesday. If there are additional topics for TechCom to review, please let us
know by replying to this email. However, please keep discussion about individual
RFCs to to the phabricator tickets.
Activity since Monday 2020-08-26 on the following boards:
Committee inbox: none
Committee board activity:
* Added "Parsoid Extension API" (T260714), see below.
New RFCs: none
Phase progression: none
IRC meeting request: none
Other RFC activity:
* Drop support for database upgrade older than two LTS releases:
- Leaderboard suggests to support 3 LTS releases
- Bawolff says that upgrades from versions as old as 1.16 are common enough,
but that we should drop support for anything older than 1.6.
* Parsoid Extension API:
- Subbu wrote in response to las week's digest email that they are looking for
feedback "not from users, but TechCom" and "if TechCom is happy with
can go to Last Call."
- DISCUSS: should we move this to last call?
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform