ok so after almost 2 days of recovering I am getting somewhere... so
here is a list of things that were lost and I am unable to recover
* changes to access lists for all channels since 1. February 2013
* statistics for all channels where they were enabled since 1. February 2013
* seen data since 1. February 2013
* infobot metadata (names of users who created a key etc) (for
#mediawiki completely gone, for other channels all key data since 1.
February are gone)
* configuration changes of all channels
here is the list of things that were somewhat recovered or need
additional recovery, but where recovery is possible
* list of all removed / added channels since 1. February 2013
(channels that were added after 1. February have empty access l. so
should you need to regain access to them, just poke me on irc - petan)
* infobot data (not including metadata) - raw keys and raw aliases.
They were preserved thanks to html dumps that live on different
physical storage. I copied all of them to
there is a way to convert
these html dumps back to xml format they are stored in - but it's long
and painfull. So far I recovered only largest DB of #mediawiki which
is itself far larger than all other db's together. Given that most of
other channels contain only few keys, I decided not to recover them.
You can always copy paste the keys from preserved html back to bot.
* RC changes
* RSS changes
Right now the bot (wm-bot) is running ONLY with logging module - so
that it only can log channels, where logging was enabled, all other
functions are disabled and I am still working on recovery - but it
/should/ be back fully operational today.
On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Petr Bena <benapetr(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I got 2 news, one good and one bad
Good one is that since today anybody can freely call me idiot as long you want.
The bad one is that I /accidentally/ rm -r'ed system folder of wm-bot.
That doesn't mean logs are gone, they were in data folder which is
unaffected (and backed up every day). System folder contains mostly
only configuration and stuff that I would never expect to get
accidentally rm'ed, and last external backup I have is 3 months old.
So... wm-bot will be down for some time (hopefully max several hours
until I manually rewrite all missing configuration files (200+ files)
I apologize for all issues caused by this, I will also try to start up
some minimal version asap that will only perform the logging of