On Monday this week, we enabled Parsoid/PHP everywhere for all products
(Visual Editor, Mobile Content Service, Structured Discussions aka Flow,
Content Translation) but two (Wikitext Linter, Language Variant support).
Those last two were being supported by Parsoid/JS.
However, about 30 minutes back, we disabled database updates for wikitext
lints by turning off Parsoid/JS for the wikitext linter. You can read the
details in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T240057
but we took the
decision in order to help mitigate cluster load issues (
if you have access to the phab
This is a temporary measure and we expect to be able to enable wikitext
linter updates something in the coming week (optimistically) assuming the
mediawiki train can roll out this week.
Not to bury the lede or anything (late on a Friday evening in the US
timezones), but we have now effectively switched over from Parsoid/JS to
Parsoid/PHP on the Wikimedia cluster. Once we have moved over language
variant support from Parsoid/JS to Parsoid/PHP and wrapped up any other
loose ends and tied a neat bow around it all, we'll be publishing a blog
post about the Parsoid/PHP porting and rollout process.
Subbu (on behalf of the Parsing team).