[r106883] introduces a new global setting to whitelist deprecated
functions: $wgDeprecationWhitelist. Its documentation is:
* Function name whitelist for wfDeprecated warnings. You will not be
* for usage of deprecated functions in this list. This is mainly usefull
* for extension developers unable to not use certain deprecated functions
* due to backward compatinility reasons.
* @since 1.19
* @var array
I do not think we want such setting in core since it does not make sense.
Developers can opt-in to get deprecation warnings shown, it is not to have
them whitelisted later with yet another global. Either the extension need
to be fixed or the core call should not be deprecated.
So, I have reverted the change with [r106946]. That was then opposed
a "fuck you" argument and reverted ....
* I am not going to engage in a revision war.
* I am not going to mark 'ok' a revision I feel is wrong.
So this mail is merely asking for people to please have a look at the
feature, comment on it and reach a consensus about whether we should
or should not keep this setting.
[r106883] Introduced wgDeprecationWhitelist
[r106946] My reversion
Antoine "hashar" Musso