The minutes from TechCom's triage meeting on 18 November 2020.
Present: Tim S, Daniel K, Timo T.
New RFC: Provide mechanism for overriding configuration for browser tests
- TT: High time we resource this. Some previous research on this when
we transitioned browser tests from Ruby to Node/WebdriverIO. At the
time, we wanted to keep the ability to run the same tests against
local+CI+beta, which made this rather difficult.
- Moved to P2.
RFC: Discourage use of MySQL's ENUM type
- DK: yes discourage by default
- TS: Jaime mentioned that ENUM's sort differently from text, but also said we shouldn't ban it outright.
- TT: as proposed sounds right. generally there are better solutions,
but as justified optimization specific high-scale uses could be allowed.
RFC: Drop support for database upgrade older than two LTS releases
- TT: principally seems fine, not aware of concerns. we'd want to make
sure we cover the failure scenarios, e.g. not just soft documentation,
but actually programmatically detected and prevent disaster. I'll
- DK: Platform team as stakeholder for ..?
- TT: I guess potential veto in terms of what the minimum support
should be, and if okay with trailing/dropping, then how long it has to
RFC: Expiring watch list entries
RFC: Shellbox microservice for MediaWiki
- TT: Worth noting that it is an optional service. The current logic
remains the same as before and Shell-exec call API also remains
compatible. The library can effectively now be put into a container and
MW configured to use that rather than calling directly.
- Put on Last Call until 2 December.
Next week IRC office hoursNo IRC discussion scheduled for next week.
You can also find our meeting minutes at
If you prefer you can subscribe to our newsletter here