Ok, let's move the discussion to
because this final sprint requires (hopefully!) many posts from many people.
Please go there if you want to help any of these candidates:
* Gadgets: needs at least one project idea and one mentor.
* Write useful Lua modules: needs at least one project idea and one mentor.
* Phase out the Vector extension; merge the good parts into core: needs
maintainers' buy-in, a defined project scope and at least one mentor.
* Work on outstanding Parsoid bugs and/or add features: needs at least
one project idea and one mentor.
* Improve Extension:CSS: needs more feedback from security & MediaWiki
developers. (discussion thread)
* Add support for x3d 3D files to MediaWiki: needs more feedback from 3D
savvy users and developers and at least one mentor.
* Improve the mediawiki-bugzilla extension to a deployable level: needs
Bug Squad buy-in and at least one mentor.
* Work on RefToolbar: needs discussion (work on the extension or on a
VisualEditor module?) and at least one mentor.
* co-ment-like tool for inline comments: needs at least one mentor.
* Build an interwiki notifications framework and implement it for
InstantCommons: needs Commons feedback/buy-in and a second mentor.
* Browser Test Automation: needs at least one project idea.
* System documentation integrated in source code: needs more definition
(a MediaWiki extension to integrate source code docs?), feedback /
buy-in from MediaWiki developers and at least one mentor.
* Extension pages management: needs reasonable project scope,
community buy-in and at least one mentor.
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation