Several updates were made recently in the UniversalLanguageSelector
extension to improve its performance. This means that if you use any of the
ULS facilities in your extensions or gadgets, such as web fonts, IMEs,
language data functions like getDir and getAutonym, etc., you need to
ensure that the modules you need are loaded before you use their functions.
We wrote some documentation that explains how to do the fixes:
We are aware of ULS usage in Wikibase and VisualEditor, and we could use
assistance from the Wikidata and VE developers in discussing, reviewing and
testing the changes. It is also used in the Translate and TwnMainPage
extensions, which we have fixed ourselves.
Particularly important updates are:
, which makes the extension
lazy-load some of its functional ResourceLoader modules to make the initial
page loading lighter.
, which lazy-loads the uls.data
module - language info database and related functions.
Please contact us here or on IRC ( #mediawiki, #mediawiki-i18n ) if you
have any questions.
Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore