If you never intended to use, or if you do not use the RSS extension ...
...then you can stop reading here.
When debugging E:RSS, I found some inconsistencies how two templates are
used for rendering RSS feeds on mediawiki pages, and fixed this and
other issues in a new version
(not yet in svn).
I would be interested in your _quick_ _feedback_ about the changes
(intended to be published today)
which are listed in the
!!preview of RELEASE-NOTES!!
=== Version 1.90 2011-08-15 ===
* removed parsing of each single channel subelement (item)
* only the finally constructed feed is sent to the recursive parser:
in pre-1.9 versions, each channel subelement (item) was sent to the parser
* [[MediaWiki:Rss-item]] default has channel subelement <description> added
This was never present in previous versions
* Rss template default name has been changed:
until 1.8: [[Template:RSSPost]]
1.9: [[MediaWiki:Rss-feed]], an existing [[Template:RSSPost]]
takes precedence to be compatible with pre-1.9 versions
* introduced [[MediaWiki:Rss-feed]] with a meaningful default as part
of the release. The channel subelements which make the feed are rendered
in this standard layout:
: <author> <date>
* There are several ways to customize the final layout of feed items:
1. Admins can change the [[MediaWiki:Rss-feed]] default page
2. Users can use the optional template= parameter to tell the extension
to render the feed with a different layout
<rss template=Pagename>...</rss> use layout as in [[Template:Pagename]]
3. <rss template=Namespace:Pagename>...</rss> use [[Namespace:Pagename]]