I'm willing to help (mostly morning SWAT).
I've never deployed anything so I'll need some help for the first patches.
Le 02/03/2016 23:21, Greg Grossmeier a écrit :
As you know, one of the quickest ways of getting your
fix backported to
production (from master) is to use a SWAT window:
And now, I ask for new volunteers!
Would you like to help make developers happy and be a part of the crew
of people who deploy during these windows? Of course you would!
These happen twice a day every work day (except Friday, naturally) at
8:00 SF (16:00 UTC currently) and 16:00 SF (00:00 UTC).
We're open to both those already familiar with deploying to Wikimedia
servers and those who are not; we're friendly and willing to teach :)
* A shell account on production
** See: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access
* Availability during one of the two windows on a regular basis
* A willingness to learn and being comfortable with asking for
help/advice when you aren't sure, especially when you aren't sure what
a particular patch will actually do in production.
What you'll get:
* Fancy access to deploy to "A Top 10 Web Property"(TM)(C)
* Support from current SWATers to get started
* A t-shirt and/or sticker if you end up breaking, AND FIXING,
Let me know if you're interested!