This week and next week we're deploying a new version of MediaWiki to
your wiki, as usual. This upgrade is now out to mediawiki.org
in case you want to try it out before it comes to
your wiki -- for instance, you could log in and put your user scripts in
your userspace to make sure everything still works. Key changes:
* The message "wikimedia-editpage-tos-summary" (displayed below the edit
form) has been removed; if it was customized on your wiki, its contents
will have to be merged with "wikimedia-copyrightwarning".
* We changed the wording of the protectedpagetext message to include
moving and other actions.
* MediaWiki:Contributions now reflects the gender of the user.
* We're displaying IPv6 addresses more nicely.
* Bogus page creation e-mail notifications were being sent when a page
was actually being deleted. We think we've fixed that.
* We fixed the mobile version of the website so that, if you disable
images, it doesn't also strip other content.
* Your "enhanced changelist" displays minor/bot changes better.
* There's a new DynamicSidebar - tell us if your sidebar acts weird.
* TimedMediaHandler now supports embedding a smaller audio player of
35-pixel width, and reorders the controls so that small players get a
play/pause button and volume first.
* In WebFonts we've added the Gubbit font, replacing Kedage, for Kannada.
As always, more at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.21/wmf6
and deployment dates at
. Please let us
know of any bugs! Thank you for your feedback!
Engineering Community Manager